Landscape: Something Different.



"Half Dome Winter"
20x16 oil on canvas
Available for purchase through Slade Wheeler: contact for details.

Recently I was inspired to branch away from my usual close realism style and paint something a little more loose and painterly. I live in the gorgeous Sierra mountain range near the southern Yosemite entrance and continually find myself awestruck by the beauty of the area. I truly enjoyed the process of this painting, as I was able to experience Half Dome on a more personal level by closely observing and striving to faithfully capture the majesty of the scene; the imposing granite face, surrounded by the cool colors of the snow and a hint of warmth breaking through the clouds as the winter storm slowly recedes. I believe that this will be the first of many studio and plein air Sierra landscape paintings.



Comments